Silver Jewellery Making Classes and Workshops in Bali. A Unique Experience in Bali!
WELCOME to Sanur Jewellery Studio, a place where you can soak up the tropical vibe, get creative and spend the day or half day making your own personalised jewellery!
Voted Ultimate Silver Jewellery Creative Workshop in Bali by Honey Travel - NineMsN and featured in the island's trendy fashion magazine "The Yak," as a "cool workshop to do while on holiday in Bali," 'NOW! Bali' and 'Bali & Beyond' magazines and KLM's inflight magazine too, we are firmly achieving our goals to bring you the very best in creative education as well as a fun art activity to do on holiday where you are rested and free from the stresses of work.
We don't limit you in your ideas for design, in fact we encourage you to branch out and make something that is spectacular, so if you want to dream BIG, do it, we are here to help make your dreams come true. Just have a look at the work of all our Beginner students that come to the studio right here!
Check out this video to see a taste of what you can enjoy for your time in class with us:
Why not check out the different pieces made in our diverse range of classes...in our STUDENT GALLERY. Click here
OUR SILVER CLASSES & WORKSHOPS:
Join us for a half day 3 hour class and learn how to make a silver ring, pendant, earrings or bangle. Watch our demos and then follow us and feel the process from begninning to end to give you a deeper appreciation of how a piece you see in the stores, is made! Design and make your own unique piece for yourself or gifts for take home for family and friends!
Take a full day Basics Silver Workshop ,with yummy Indonesian buffet lunch and make a day of designing with friends and family. Bring your girlfriends on a Hen's Party, or just a group on holiday and we offer special cake organising and vino.
Add a gemstone into the mix from our awesome collections and truly wow yourself at what is possible when you do our half day 3 hour Gemstone Experience, or a full day Gemstone Workshop with buffet lunch....so many options.... and so many ideas to create!
We unite people with their creative mind and encourage a bit of meditation for the soul.
Today we spend an increasing time on our computers and lots of screen time....why not step away from that and make something with your hands. The meditation effect is surreal. Your smile after you have achieved is priceless for health and wellbeing. There is nothing quite as fun as making something on holiday, when you are relaxed and have time for yourself. It's a wonderful thing to do in Bali with your family and friends, or if you are a solo traveler, a great way to meet new and interesting like-minded people who are craft orientated too!
Also, calling all Lovers and couples...we offer a very special couples private workshop with lots of amazing #shesaidyes romantic moments. So ladies point your man to the website and see if he reads this part :>) and books you both in. You will never forget it! (this workshop is not on the website. It has vino and massages as part of the deal - so let him inquire private inquiry here). If you are feeling even more inclined to take it to the next step and really love Bali, talk to our friends here at BALI HAPPY EVENTS , ask for Grace and tell them we sent you for a great deal on a proposal or a beautiful boutique wedding!
HALF DAY WORKSHOP - 10am - 1pm OR 2pm -5pm. All inclusive with 5 grams of silver coffee tea and coconut pancakes 875,000rp (add more silver for 15,000rp if you need it)
GEMSTONE EXPERIENCE - 10am - 1pm or 2pm to 5pm - make a ring, a pendant, earrings or a bangle and add a beautiful gemstone from our collection! So many different gems to choose from, from blue topaz and green malachite stones, to moonstones and garnets and Indonesian jaspers. All inclusive with 5 grams of silver 995,000rp (add more silver for 15,000rp if you need it)
Carnelian claw set ring with sandpaper shank texture - made by Andrea from Komune Resorts Bali
Teardrop shaped moonstone granulation inspired ring
FULL DAY WORKSHOP - 10am - 4pm with beautiful buffet lunch either Indonesian Vegetarian or Western quiches, salads, falafel and fruit and chocolate cake .... 8 grams of silver included 1,250,000rp
Stunning silver bangle with hammered texture
Silver flower ring with doming and brass detail
RING MAKING FOR COUPLES - with silver included and a bottle of red or white Hatten Two Islands, PLUS a wonderful Balinese massage at Koa Shala in Sanur for 2 people - a private day out. The full day 10am to 4pm includes all materials, buffet lunch and FREE RETURN PICK UP - please inquire here
Koa Shala in Sanur - The best massage on the beach!
Beautiful traditional granulation work with Larimar gemstones
WHAT MAKES OUR CLASSES & WORKSHOPS DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
We offer FREE RETURN PICK UP anywhere in Sanur! So if you are not far from the studio, we can take the hassle out of getting you here for your class and returning you for cocktails after, in the pool, smiling at the pieces you just made!
1. We are a teaching studio with a focus on 'teaching' with 'demonstrating' (we do do demonstrations, but then you follow and learn and apply them to your piece). You APPLY what you have learned and make it entirely yourself.
2. VALUE for money - A wise man once said, "you get what you pay for." We are not the cheapest, but we pride ourselves on level of service and communication from the moment you inquire till the day you walk out with your piece smiling from ear to ear. Unfortunately the way the world works is currency conversions and we have not raised our prices at any point. We believe in offering the very best service from the moment you contact us through to you walking out the door. There are a few other places that do classes and we respect that you may want to choose the cheapest as you are on holiday, however, check out our reviews first.
We teach in English and Indonesia. We are fluent in both languages. We can also teach in Mandarin, but we need 36 hours to make sure our translator can work on the chosen day for your group.
3. Suitable for ALL ages - We treat kids like adults - just look at our photos! Kids from 6 years old, love it here. They get to play and make their own designs. It is extraordinary what they come up with in their mind....amazing!
4. A great CULTURAL and GROUP experience. There is nothing quite like bringing a group of your friends or family or even an art retreat or a "incentive reward tour group" on a trip to Bali, to get creative and feel the power of the island through making. So many great things can happen in a group dynamic. Bringing teams together to find solutions, bringing family together to bond. We hve had many different types of groups through, from Drug Therapy companies and Art Retreats from Colorado and Australia, to Incentive Travel Groups from Jakarta and Surabaya, to Chinese tour groups from Shenzhen....we have been grateful for all the interesting and diverse groups we get through the workshop! Join us with your group and get fantastic discounts....click here to talk to us and tell us about your group
If you have a group and don't want to travel there is always our "portable workshop" option. We can come to you! We do traveling workshops for groups of 6 or more. If you want us to come to you at your private villa, just give us a few days in advance at minimum to organise our gear and we will set up at your private space. No extra cost to you other than 6 minimum in the group before we can travel to you.
5. Skilled guidance and tuition using traditional Balinese techniques in a modern way. We use bellow pumps not gas and this means you have more control over the flame of the torch to solder your pieces.
6. HEALING HANDS - Creating is healing. We are a family and you will feel the energy here that supports you - make friends, other students already share the desire to create, why not have some fun and make some new friends.
Want to book in? GREAT! Before you click on the workshop and go to pay, please contact us to check your dates are available by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our workshops are incredibly fun! We are light-hearted, professional and open minded. We employ and teach our Indonesian staff more modern styles of silversmithing, to bring modern design to the island.
WHAT MAKES US WORTH THE INVESTMENT?
FREE RETURN PICK UP IN SANUR: For those of you who are staying in Sanur, it's the added value so you don't have to fight with taxi drivers or get lost in transit! Just supply your hotel name, your room booking name and your room number. For morning sessions we pick up at 9.30am and for afternoon sessions we pick up at 1.30pm
- Nothing gets lost in translation. We are English speaking. We teach traditional techniques we have learned from Bali silversmiths translated in a modern way and in a paradise setting that is second to none. We are the most beautiful studio on the island! It's clean and bright and creates the gap for creativity to seep in.
- We don't limit your design. If anything, we promote creativity and you will walk away with something unique, not something that you were forced to create. It will come from you. We guide and our teaching is the best on the island. For our half day workshops of three hours, we have to curb your designs a little to maximise time, but you can still make a ring or a pendant of your own design using simple and quick techniques in texturing onto bases we have already prepped for you. A full day gives you more scope and room to go wild!
- Welcome to paradise. We are proud of our studio setting. It is spectacular and you will feel a sense of being in Bali with all the trimmings.
- Our food is super tasty and healthy. It is prepared in a healthy way and filtered water is used for all our salad cleaning and preparations of food. We believe that food promotes great design. We care what YOU eat. We will always ask you if you have an allergies to foods before we prepare. Normally we serve quiches, pasta salads with fetta and capsium and basil and rucola, pear and almond salads with tuna croquettes and petite gourmet cakes and Sumatran coffee in an idyllic setting overlooking a pool.
TIMES WE ARE OPEN:
We are open Monday to Saturday, 10am - 4pm. Sunday by special request (how else would we be this happy about what we do if we didn't have a break too when we need it) BUT....we can do Sunday for 3 or more people - so if you are in a group we can discuss a private class too.
We also do courses that are tailored for Intermediates too. Please contact us to discuss your requirements. We do classes on 'doming,' 'cold connection' (riveting), 'chain making' and granulation and sometimes we get interesting teachers in to demonstrate the art of Mokume Gane (mixing metals).
When you spend the day with us you get:
Great books to feast on and sketch pads to sketch your masterpiece
Full design help on what is achievable in the time frame of the day
Tuition on tools and safety as well as techniques to help you along the way
A wonderful, healthy, lunch of quiches and salads and pasta to keep you going and give you the energy for creating (there is no lunch for Taster Class)
- All silver (Half Day classes get 5 grams and Full day get 8 grams) - but you can buy more at wholesale if you need it for your project)
We hope to see you here at our studio soon, but before you do, check us out on Trip Advisor to see what other students think of us and see their work too. There is no us without them! Click on the owl below to check us out :>)