Full Day Jewellery Workshop - 10am - 4pm Mon - Sat
A jam-packed, 6 hour full day of learning in our studio. If you have come to Bali for a holiday and want to learn something very unique, cultural and traditional on the island, this is the workshop for you. Taught by Pak Iwan.
Sanur Jewellery Studio is where you can create a beautiful piece of silver jewellery using the inspiration of a natural beautiful setting. This workshop is to make a silver ring, pendant or earrings that are more complex than you would make in a half day workshop, allowing you a break in between to relax and have a beautiful healthy lunch of Indonesian or Western flavours...it's up to you!
We start with some demonstrations to get your mind limbered up and get you thinking about the piece you want to create. We look at the properties of silver wire and sheet and learn why we must mix pure silver and copper together so we can create of raw state which will be strong 925 (92.5 parts of silver and the rest copper and alloy).
This workshop is 6 hours so it allows you to really explore your creativity. Make a ring, a pendant, earrings, a bangle or even a brooch from sterling silver. You can mix copper and brass into your design also if you like. Learn to solder, anneal, file and saw and then put all the pieces of your design together and polish. Look at some of the wonderful pictures here to see what you can create!
WHAT MAKES US WORTH THE INVESTMENT FOR THE DAY OUT:
- Nothing gets lost in translation. We are English speaking. We teach traditional techniques we have learned from Bali silversmiths translated in a modern way and in a paradise setting that is second to none. Not to blow our own horn...but we are the most beautiful studio on the island!
- We don't limit your design. If anything, we promote creativity and you will walk away with something unique, not something that you were forced to create. It will come from you. We guide and our teaching is the best on the island.
- Welcome to paradise. We are proud of our studio setting. It is spectacular and you will feel a sense of being in Bali with all the trimmings.
- Our food is super tasty healthy. It is prepared in a healthy way and filtered water is used for all our salad cleaning and preparations of food. We believe that food food promotes great design. We care what we eat. We will always ask you if you have an allergies to foods before we prepare. Please look at our menus here on the website
WHAT YOU GET ON THE DAY:
- Welcome juices, coffee and tea all day and filtered water
- Full tuition on design and tools and use all workshop facilities and equipment
- 8 grams of silver to make a ring, pendant or earrings
- Delicious Indonesian or Western Buffet
(additional silver can be purchased from us for $1.10 USD per gram)
DON'T HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT? NO PROBLEM! You can easily pay using PayPal Credit/Debit Card function through PayPal. Click here for EASY 1,2,3 steps to paying for your class. >>>HERE<<<